Welcome to Daedalus' Labyrinth

This blog has been created with the intention of posting online some ideas, points of view, histories, stories, tales and anything else that its creators want to write about.

The posts will be signed as from "Daedalus" or from "Uranus", therefore, differenciation will be easily noticed.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kennst-du das Land ?

No, I don't speak german, at least not yet. This article's name reffers to a poem from Goethe called "Kennst-du das Land" which describes germany from a lovely point of view.




Kennst du das Land, wo die Zitronen blühn,
Im dunkeln Laub die Gold-Orangen glühn,
Ein sanfter Wind vom blauen Himmel weht, 
Die Myrte still und hoch der Lorbeer steht? 
Kennst du es wohl?
Dahin! dahin
Möcht ich mit dir, o mein Geliebter, ziehn.

Kennst du das Haus? Auf Säulen ruht sein Dach.
Es glänzt der Saal, es schimmert das Gemach,
Und Marmorbilder stehn und sehn mich an:
Was hat man dir, du armes Kind, getan?
Kennst du es wohl? 
Dahin! dahin
Möcht ich mit dir, o mein Beschützer, ziehn.

Kennst du den Berg und seinen Wolkensteg?
Das Maultier sucht im Nebel seinen Weg;
In Höhlen wohnt der Drachen alte Brut;
Es stürzt der Fels und über ihn die Flut! 
Kennst du ihn wohl?
Dahin! dahin
Geht unser Weg! O Vater, laß uns ziehn!


Knowest thou where the lemon blossom grows,
 In foliage dark the orange golden glows,
 A gentle breeze blows from the azure sky,
 Still stands the myrtle, and the laurel, high?
 Dost know it well?
 'Tis there! 'Tis there
 Would I with thee, oh my beloved, fare.

 Knowest the house, its roof on columns fine?
 Its hall glows brightly and its chambers shine,
 And marble figures stand and gaze at me:
 What have they done, oh wretched child, to thee?
 Dost know it well?
 'Tis there! 'Tis there
 Would I with thee, oh my protector, fare.

 Knowest the mountain with the misty shrouds?
 The mule is seeking passage through the clouds;
 In caverns dwells the dragons' ancient brood;
 The cliff rocks plunge under the rushing flood!
 Dost know it well?
 'Tis there! 'Tis there
 Leads our path! Oh father, let us fare.


Well, you know when someone suggests you to go Germany, because it would be easier for both of you and even though you were not even cogitating learning german, you accept the invitation and embrace such idea just for the charm of the company ? But then you realize that such thing might be to big for your host to make it real, then you might have to misstrust and pursue your own ends...
I still want it to be true and I would still learn that whole language just for us to be there in december. However, it seems you've found something more using to do in your september and if you can change something so important for me so easily and inside our own country, it's probably much easier for you to do so with something abroad.
Thank Satan you don't read my blog. Danke !
It's seems I'll have to do my plans in paralel, so if you fail, I can still fly away through my own ways.
I've already been so strained, it's really really really hard for me to actually trust in someone else. The more I learn, the more I study, the more I acquire as knowledge, the more I believe that most people indeed suck a lot.
Niccolo dei Machievelli was so damn right when he said humanity was a blasted selfish race worth no pity, worth no mercy, worth no remorse. But I still identify myself with Rousseau when he says he is different from everyone else in a very sharply way, I agree with him. If being different from all the others from human kind doesn't give me any kind of prize, I still have the different being itself within me.
Alas, I guess I'll be really used to lonelyness when I accept it and embrace it and then it will be fine to live with it, or not, this is stupid and future is not as predictable as my arrogant mind believes it to be sometimes.
Thor, you should have killed me when you had your chance.
stupidandfuckingdramaticfeelings@
Ok, I feel better now. I'll figure this out, I'll figure everything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment