Welcome to Daedalus' Labyrinth

This blog has been created with the intention of posting online some ideas, points of view, histories, stories, tales and anything else that its creators want to write about.

The posts will be signed as from "Daedalus" or from "Uranus", therefore, differenciation will be easily noticed.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Feed my Void & Skadi, the Winter Huntress.

Today, I had my first swimming at a gymn nearby and it was totally exhaustive ! The pool's water was salty, I had never seen a salted pool water before and it just tasted so disgusting in my mouth. After going to the restroom and exorcising my breakfast through my mouth, I went back to the swimming part where I've got completly fatigued, I am worn out, haha. It feels good though, because the endorphine makes me feel ... well.
I was so dizzy and tired, but then, I just listened to this music and it made me feel so much better and I feel a bit regrown now.
Nothing will grow here
Icy fields - blackened sorrow
Legacy of a lost mind
Feed my void
What you're waiting for

I'm too late it is more than a game
The river reveals now I'm in between these lines

I cannot escape it seems sail on, my friend

All I ever feel is, all I ever see is
Walls they fall
When the march of the others begins
All I ever feel is, all I ever see is
Rise and fall
When the War of the Thrones shall begin

While I sit there in silence
Come and talk to me
I can't free my mind
It is all I'm begging for

While I sit there in silence

Will it ever end?
Will I find what I'm longing for?
Will I ever walk out of shadows so grey?
I'm condemned, I am hallowed
Icy fields they won't hurt anymore
Will you walk with me?
Any further
There at world's end
It's me
I sing

I cannot escape it seems, sadly I sing

All I ever feel is, all I ever see is
Walls they fall
When the march of the others begins
All I ever feel is, all I ever see is
Rise and fall
When the War of the Thrones shall begin


Away
Watch the river it flows
I cannot believe in more
And from time to time we shall go
I will not fail I will not loose faith I know
Now my time will come
Carry on

Will I ever learn from the past?
Will I fade away?
Will I ever stay where the shadows will grow?
There is luck at the gallows
I will free my mind
Soon it will show
Let it rain
There'll be no spring
My dream is a mirror
It reveals
A matter of lies

All I ever feel is, all I ever see is
Walls they fall
When the march of the others begins
All I ever feel is, all I ever see is
Rise and fall
When the War of the Thrones shall begin

Leave a fee for the tillerman and the river behind



~~~~~~ It will be rude if it has passed through your head "shit, spam" when you've read the lyrics. The lyrics are awesome, at least I think so. They rock.


Things are going better at the unviersity too. I am more into the class and more into the subjects. I really need to download this new album from Blond Guardian and some other awesome albums from other bands which I have not yet download because I've been ... lazy.
Njord was the Vanir God of the Seas. He was known for being gentle and for having an aura of tranquility. He used to calm down the dreadest storms for those who were sailing, whether were they vikings or tradesmen. He had a bad marriage with the Winter/Vengeance/Hunting Goddess Skadi (Scandinavia was named after her). 
Skadi was the daughter of a very powerful and known ice giant. Her father was killed by the Aesir when she was very young. Anyway, she made a promise that she would take revenge upon all those who were responsible for her father's death. The Gods were afraid of a vengeance from a woman with so much hatred within her heart, so they proposed her a gift, a gift in exchange for her forgiveness. Skadi accepted the gift. She had to choose one of the Aesir to marry her. She wanted to choose Balder, the beauty God, but as for she had to choose by their feet, she ended up picking the aforementioned sea God, Njord.
She was wrath, coldness, blizzard and retribution. He was tranquility, warm sea breeze, sky clearer and kind. Their marriage didn't last long, but it did last enough so they could have their children. Freyr and Freyja, God and Goddess of beauty.


Personally, I think Skadi should have taken her vengeance upon her father's murderers. It was a mistake of hers to have distracted herself with love and desire by accepting such a futile gift.
Skadi has used her own hatred towards the Aesir to become more powerful and more dreadful. She had a big goal, cut off the heads of the Aesir and complete her own justice. Her heart was cold and decided was the winter, her mind and her weapons were sharp as it's winds. Skadi's fail was in her wrong choice. She should have just killed them all and then took Balder willing he or not to come with her. I admire the figure of Skadi, she doesn't let anything stand on her way and her will is her own.


Written by Daedalus

No comments:

Post a Comment