Welcome to Daedalus' Labyrinth

This blog has been created with the intention of posting online some ideas, points of view, histories, stories, tales and anything else that its creators want to write about.

The posts will be signed as from "Daedalus" or from "Uranus", therefore, differenciation will be easily noticed.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Time is Short, Mortal.

Yeah, first day at the uni was kind of tiresome. Maybe I am just still adapting myself to this new life + lifestyle.
Through the same line, I'll be starting swimming tomorrow and fighting that old and well known battle against lazyness. Who has never ever had THAT fight against lazyness ?
I've been solving some issues this morning just to realize that I still have a lot of things to set up. I could really me some patience to beare all of this in a balanced time instead of struggling to solve it all at once.
The plight is that I have no patience for bleing sloooow, so I tend to do some stuff the fast as I can.
Time is short, mortal
Boredoom is like desperation for me, I have to struggle on and on in order to not feel bored ! What is difficult, for I am not as amused as I seem to be. I mentioned more details in the article about the void inside.
Everybody is looking for something. This painting is a perfect example of that. The princess is surronded by fools and entertainers and fool entertainers, but no one seems to be succeding in making the princess smile, because she is missing something, she has longing. Boredom is the fakest peace ever ! Deep inside ourselves, we all know what might kill our boredoms, but as it's almost never possible in the moment required, we try to break free from the spells that where put on us. Just to let ourselves be charmed once more and once more and following our springs and bla bla bla.
Antonia was one of the best movies I have ever seen in my life. It's outstanding in every single way. There is a quote from this movie to be shared here with you.
"Time conquered time (…) Sometimes time crept slowly onwards like an exhausted tortoise. Sometimes it tore through life like a vulture in search of prey. Time took no notice of death or life, decay or growth, and love, hate or jealousy. It ignores all those things which are so important to us that we forget time".
And there is also this other quote:
" The proverb is wrong. Time does not heal all wounds. It merely softens the pain and blurs the memories. "


Written by Daedalus

No comments:

Post a Comment